Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Team India wins!

I watched the final of the recently concluded Twenty20 World Championship. India has had a reputation for about the last decade of falling at the last hurdle or a symptom more commonly known to the wider public as the "chokers" tag.

And finally on Monday night we (Team India) emerged victorious and won some piece of silverware since 1983. I argue with my friends.....that hey we don't get any serious competition...coz every match it was like "and Australia wins another one ..." Now I am not being anti-Australian but my own opinion is that the Aussies needed a "good kick up the backside" as they were ego was getting far to big. They already thought they had the cup in the hand before the tournament even started.

My whole thinking on T20 is that it is for the better, as it gives the so-called "minnows" a chance to beat big established world teams. This will encourage competition, rather than one team having a monopoly. T20 is good for the game of cricket because you can't predict who will win the game right until the last ball is bowled. And I also believe that it should co-exist with the other forms - Test Cricket and ODI cricket (50 overs).

So my friends, DO NOT EVER TELL ME THAT CRICKET IS A BORING GAME, COZ IT SIMPLY IS NOT!

No comments: